Gran Canaria Surfski Training Week
Gran Canaria Surfski Training Week
Enjoy the downwind in the surfski paradise with one of the best climates in the world for ocean training.
Livingsea is the meeting point for paddlers from all over the world, where you can learn and improve in surfski while enjoying the outstanding wind and wave conditions that Gran Canaria offers all year round.
The Gran Canaria Surfski Training Week is a four days customized training program led by Esteban Medina and Sara Martí. Available from October to April.
If you purchase now, you will only pay 150€ per person as a reservation fee for the training program. The rest will be paid during your visit.
We will welcome you at our Ofi-Shop to explain the training program and to analyze the specific weather conditions expected during your stay.
Afterwards, we will go to our facilities at Las Alcaravaneras Beach to choose together the most suitable equipment for your Surfski Training Week.
Finally, we will do a personalized training session in the sea, aiming to improve paddle technique, simple wave surfing and your overall performance.
In addition, we will test your proficiency by performing a series of tests to assess your skill level and choose the best option to go downwind.
If the conditions allow it, the wind blows optimal and the wave size is adequate for enjoying a good downwind, we will go on an excursion. Our recommendation is that the first downwind session be in a double with an instructor from our team. This will allow you to have the speed to catch all the waves and enjoy the open water surfing.
We have the entire East Coast of the island to choose the best route to guarantee an unforgettable experience. From a 9 kilometer double up to 25 kilometers for international competitors.
Second personal training session in which we will take the opportunity to adress the technical and tactical aspects that you need to improve. We will set several goals in the session to follow you in your training and improve your performance.
You can combine the personal sessions with group sessions in the afternoon. You will be able to join one of the four adult training groups of different skill levels that are part of our school. This session will take place at Las Alcavaneras Beach.
If wind god allows us (he usually treats us well) we will do the second downwind of the Gran Canaria Surfski Training Week. If you have passed the skill test of the first day, we will try that this time you do it in a single surfski.
During the downwind, our instructor will accompany you. Our driver will pick you up and take you find the best waves and favorable wind.
What it includes
We will use initiation surfskis from the South African brand Carbonology Sport, one of the best-selling and most reliable in the market. They truly know what they do because South Africa is where this sport originated.
We will provide you with all the equipment you need to enjoy the experience in complete safety. Additionally, an expert surfski instructor will guide you throughout the two hours session. Includes accident and liability insurance.
Meet the team
Livingsea was born from the enthuasiasm of showing canoeing to the world through its teaching and promotion. Throughout these years, we have built an experienced surfski team made up of active athletes and qualified coaches.
Surfski Training Center
Every year, we welcome over 50 paddlers who want to improve their surfski technique. Some train six days a week, others train two…
We will adapt the training and downwinds to your conditions so that you can enjoy and learn during one week training in of the most privileged places in Europe to practice surfski.
Gran Canaria: the miniature continent. With sixty kilometers of beach and over two hundred kilometers of coastline, the round island has sunshine most of the year. A little more than two hours by plane of the peninsula, Gran Canaria is one of the main tourist destinations in Spain.
Book your training week in Gran Canaria
- Available from October to April
- To get the most out of your training week, ideally you should be available to start on Monday or Tuesday and stay until Friday or Saturday, so that we have time to do the downwind with the best conditions.
- Now you will only need to pay 150€ to reserve the training program
- Once the payment is completed, you will only need to fill out the form that will appear on the screen with some information that will help us prepare everything for your traning week
- The remaining amount will be paid during your visit
- Prices are per person
Individual or groups of 2-4 people
- If you are looking for individual surfski lessons and downwind sessions or for small groups of 2-4 people, take a look at this option.
Complete your week with more sessions
You can complete your week by booking more personal sessions, downwinds or by joining the adult training groups.
Will you come and train in surfski with Livingsea?
Canoeing is our passion, our home and our family. That’s why we like to give our 100% in everything we do.
Come visit us and make your vacation in Gran Canaria an unforgettable memory.
Are you traveling from outside of Gran Canaria?
You should take a flight to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA), one of the busiest airports in Spain.
You will find direct flights from the most important cities around the world, as well as connecting flights to Madrid. There are several daily flights from Madrid to Gran Canaria.
You can stay in the city, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. There are two beaches, one where we have the kayaks (Las Alcaravaneras Beach) and the city’s crown jewel: Las Canteras, one of the best urban beaches in the world.
Here are some hotels that are close to our facilities:
- Silken Saaj Las Palmas – 4 stars hotel, 1 minute walk away
- Mannix Urban Apartments – Apartaments within a 15 minutes walk
- Las Palmas Urban Center – 2 stars hotel within a 5 minute walk
- Bed and Chic Las Palmas – 3 stars hotel within a 15 minutes walk
- Twenty Seven Degrees Apartments – B&B within a 7 minute walk
- Veintiuno Hotel – 4 stars hotel within a 10 minutes drive away
Maspalomas is the tourist area par excellence and it is usually sunny 90% of the days of the year. Most of the downwinds we arrange take place in this area.
- The average annual ambiance temperature is 21º.
- There is usually a lot of sun and you should use SPF 50 sunscreen.
- From spring to autumn, we use lycra shorts and lycra or light thermal tops.
- During winter (December to February) the water temperature drops to 18º, so you will need long shorts and light thermal top.
Where are we?
Our surfski school is located on Las Alcaravaneras Beach in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Nearby, we have our Ofi-Shop, where you can buy all the equipment you need for canoeing and where we also have a training classroom called ‘El Sótano’.