Surfski Experience Gran Canaria
Discover Surfski, the new way to go canoeing in open waters with the surfski, very stable and manageable boats.
Add a new experience to your vacation in Gran Canaria by paddling along the coast and getting to know the island from the sea.
The price includes a personal session or for small groups (up to 4 people), where we will teach you how to paddle and handle the surfski. The experience takes place at Las Alcaravaneras Beach (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria), an ideal and safe place to get started in this sport as its waters are located in the shelter of the port.
Available from August to April. Prices are per person.
What is surfski?
- The surfski is a very lightweight canoe made to sail in open waters, taking advantage of the waves and the wind. It is controlled by pedals that steer the ruddler, allowing you to easily go in one direction or another.
- There are different models, from the widest and more stables to competition ones: which are narrow but very fast.
- The ideal session for those who love this sport is a ‘downwind’: going with the wind and the waves from one point to another and sliding down the waves as fast as possible.
What is the session about?
For whom is the activity intended?
Our Surfski Experience is suitable for everyone, the only requirements are knowing how to swim and being over 10 years old. It is not necessary that you have practiced canoeing before, as before going out on the water we will give you a theoretical and practical session so that you know how to handle the boat by yourself.
When and where are the sessions?
- Monday to Friday
- Between 07:30 and 16:00
Las Alcaravaneras Beach
What it includes
We will use initiation surfskis from the South African brand Carbonology Sport, one of the best-selling and most reliable in he market. They truly know what they do because South Africa is where this sport originated.
We will provide you with all the equipment you need to enjoy the experience in complete safety. Additionally, an expert canoeing instructor will guide you throughout the two hours session. Includes accident and liability insurance.
Meet the team
Livingsea was born from the enthuasiasm of showing canoeing to the world through its teaching and promotion. Throughout these years, we have built an experienced surfski team made up of active atheletes and qualified coaches.
Book your activity in Gran Canaria
- Available from August to April.
- Click on ‘reserve now’ and choose if you want to experience it individually or with someone else.
- If you would like another date or time, please contact us.
- Once the payment is made, we will contact you for you to let us know the chosen date.
- Remember you can schedule your session from Monday to Friday, between 07:30 and 16:00.
What you need to know
- The average annual ambiance temperature is 21º.
- There is usually a lot of sun and you should use SPF 50 sunscreen.
- It is ideal to come with a technical shirt or lycra that can get wet. This way you will avoid chafing with the life jacket and protect yourself from the sun. For the bottom, it is best to wear swimsuit or board shorts, leggings or lycras so that the friction of the canoe does not bother you.
Of course! The only requirement is that they are over 10 years old and can swim. We have life jackets and paddles for the little ones in the family
Our facilities are located in the capital of the island, in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Las Alcaravaneras Beach is ideal for this activity as it is sheltered by the port. You will have an unique view of the city!
Where we are?
Our surfski school is located on Las Alcaravaneras Beach in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Nearby, we have our Ofi-Shop, where you can buy all the equipment you need for surfski and where we also have a training classroom called ‘El Sótano’.