Enjoy downwind in the surfski paradise. With one of the best weather in the world for training on the open sea.
Livingsea is a meeting point of paddlers from all around the world, where you will learn and improve your surfski skills enjoying the great conditions of wind and waves. Gran Canaria can offer that the whole year.
¡ What a great news you are interested in enjoying surfski paddling with us in Gran Canaria !
We could organize for you a personalized training programme in order to improve and increase your performance. We have a wide range of different surfski models, since the most stable ones to the fastest, for all the levels.
- Day 1: Training session on open sea with trainer and level test to choose the appropiate surfski model.
- Day 2: 15-20 Km Downwind* in surfski double or single.
- Day 3: Training session on open sea with trainer.
- Day 4: 15-20 Km Downwind* in surfski double or single.
* The downwind will be developed as long as the meteorological conditions will be safe for the paddler. We will choose the perfect route for the downwind and depending of the level of the paddler he/she will be able to make it in single surfski or double.
- Price: 396€/per person.
- Includes: expert instructor, all the material (surfski, paddle, life jacket and leash), programme, organizations and evaluation of the training sessions. Transport and development of the downwinds. accident and civil liability insurances. T-shirt and visor.
* This previous price is the 4 days planning (showed in the previous section). You can check our price list.
You could complete your week with us booking more training sesions , downwinds or joining to our adults training groups:
- Training with the local adult paddlers from Gran Canaria, from Monday to Thursday from 19:30 to 21:00 and Saturdays from 9:30 to 11:00 or from 11:30 to 13:00. You Will only need to deposit the renting price of the material (20€/session).
- Downwind: only if the meteorological conditions* are good and safe, you will be able to do more downwinds, as much as you want (Price: 140€/per person).
- Training: you can book more training sesión with trainer (65€/ per person/extra session) or just renting the material for a free training in the paddling area we will indicate you (26€/per 4 hours).
- Companion and family: If you travel with friends, partners or family, we can organize for them a surfski initiation course adapted to their ages and physical condition. Price: 60€-80€/per person/ 2 hours session.
*The downwind will be developed as long as the meteorological conditions will be safe for the paddler. We will choose the perfect route for the downwind and depending of the level of the paddler he will be able to make it in single surfski or double.
Our Surfski school is in Alcaravaneras beach, in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and very close to our OFI-SHOP. Click on the photos in order to see them in a map:
- Flights: We are in Gran Canaria´s airport (LPA), one of the most importants in Spain. You can find direct flights from the most importants cities in the world and conections with Madrid (capital of Spain). Everyday there are a lot of flights from Madrid to Gran Canaria.
- Accommodation: You can sleep in the city, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. There are two main beaches, one is where we´ve got the kayaks (Las Alcaravaneras beach) and the other one is one of the best city beaches in the world, Las Canteras beach. Following we recommend you our favourite places close to our base:
- https://www.hoteles-silken.com (1 min walking to Alcaravaneras beach)
- http://www.mannix.es/ (15 min walking to Alcaravaneras beach)
- http://www.laspalmasurbancenter.com/ (5 min walking to Alcaravaneras beach)
- http://www.bedandchic.com/ (15 min walking to Alcaravaneras beach)
- http://www.twentysevendegrees.com (7 min walking to Alcaravaneras beach)
- https://hotelveintiuno.com/ (11 min by car to Alcaravaneras beach)
Another choice for sleeping is going to the south area of the island, Maspalomas, that is the touristic par excellence and it is sunny almost 90% of the year. In this area we will develope most of the time our downwinds.
- Clothing recommendations: From spring to autumn we wear lycra shorts and lycra or light termal tops. During winter (December to February) the temperature of the water drops to 18ºC, so you will need long shorts and a light thermal top. Normally there is always sunny and you must protect yourself with 50 SPF sun cream. The average annual ambient temperature is 21ºC.
In order to book a place, please fill the following form and we will answer you by email with our confirmation. After that you will be able to make the deposit of 150€/per paddler as reservation in the following bank account number (remember to send payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org):
–Account number: ES0214910001212072315829
–BIC CODE: TRIOESMMXXX
–Bank: Triodos Bank
–Subject: Your name and surname